Home Sharing and Short Term Rentals

Home sharing, sometimes known as short term renting, has become more commonplace. It is an option for people to use their homes or vacation rentals as a source of income. Insurance carriers are seeing the need to provide coverage for properties that are used for sharing/short term rentals. We now have coverage options available for both new and existing policies that provide additional coverage for homes used for home sharing, such as those listed on sites such as Airbnb or VRBO. 

If you are interested in getting a quote for your property that you rent out, or for adding home sharing to your current policy, please contact us at 208-322-1030. We also highly recommend adding an extended water seepage and leakage coverage. This will cover water leaks that may be discovered over a longer period of time. These are typically not seen as sudden and are often outside the coverage on a basic homeowners policy. An extended water seepage or leakage coverage provides a much broader coverage for water damage and is particularly important in the case of a property that is rented to others.